Thursday, April 3, 2008


I've been working on dying some Blue Faced Leicester top. The roving was painted with Wilton's and rolled in plastic, then placed in the roaster with a little water in the bottom. I wanted to see how the steaming process would work instead of immersing them in the dye liquid. So far it seems like it worked fine. The colors are actually lime green and light purple, although it doesn't show up on the computer. I haven't got any spun up yet so we will see then if it fades at all. It was a little more work than the usual dying I do but they turned out pretty nice. Our weather is warming and we were able to get one of the pygoras sheared yesterday with the help of my daughter. I had a shearing stand built so it is a lot easier on my back this year than last. The cashmeres are just starting to blow their fiber so it won't be long before that is done, too. Our kitty babies will be eight week old Friday, they are so cute and playful. We wish we could keep them all, but that's not possible so we will keep just one. I can't believe it is April and I finally got my taxes sent in so that's done. Can summer be far away?

No comments: