Saturday, September 25, 2010

I finally got some of the Polworth washed, picked and carded with just a little pink nylon glitz.  I've started spinning and Wow, it is beautiful.  Its soft and since the fibers are so long a dream to spin.  Not sure what will be made with this nice yarn but is very suitable for hats, scarves or nice outerwear.

It is not quite as soft as alpaca, but certainly worth the effort.  Like I said before, it is a dream to spin.

 We had Dolly groomed this week.  She is so clean and white that the night after I think she actually glowed in the dark.  She's been hiding out in the alpaca barn ever since so maybe she's tired from the ordeal or could be mad at me for taking her there.  Anyway, she looks beautiful and smells much better.  Now to get Bella done.

No comments: