Tuesday, May 15, 2012

We have a new baby!  Wednesday we traveled to Baker OR to look at a little border collie X.  He is so sweet and so cute.  Since our older border died a few weeks ago we have missed her so much and feel we need another dog.  We like to have an indoor dog as well as an outdoor dog, both to guard the property.  His name was Bernie but I think we have renamed him Dexter.  He responds very well to Dex and always comes when called.  After our Great Pyr, who is very aloof, he seems so smart and quick.  At only 3-5 months old, he is going to be a great asset here.

I took some alpaca fiber over to a farm to get it 'blown' out in her big tumbler.  It really did a nice job getting the VM out along with a lot of the shorter fibers.  Now I can either send it to the mill or wash and card it myself.  I don't have a de-hairing machine and its too tedious by hand, so it probably will end up at the mill.

I'm spinning some of the fiber my good friend Judi from Serano Alpacas sent me a couple weeks ago.  It is just incredibly soft.  I'm just about finished with four oz of Jasper/Alex, which is a dark burnished auburn.  I may just make something for myself with this!

No comments: