Thursday, February 20, 2014



Believe it or not, this is the very same fleece in both pictures.  I took Jasper's brown and white fleece to Fibers First mill in Post Falls at the end of January.  Karen is such a sweetie and has done a super job.  I had her do this fleece in pin drafted top.  A little more expensive to do it this way (one or two extra steps for the mill) but it is just beautiful and ready for the handspinner.

Trying to get my taxes at least started today but as soon as I get tired of doing that I'm going to spin up some of this gorgeous alpaca fiber.  I can't wait.

I had the mill actually mix the white part of the blanket in with the brown.  The yarn will be a tweedy looking extremely soft yarn.  The difference in these two photos is the one on the right was taken under a bright light.  The photo on the left was after I turned all the lights off and used natural daylight.  The fiber is a dark red-brown, not as dark as the left one but not as light as the right one either.

Here's a picture of Jasper and you can really see the reddish color in his blanket.  He was so beautiful and this was the only fleece I ever got from him before he was rehomed a couple years ago.  Sigh


2 comments:

Sue W. said...

It's gorgeous fleece and a fitting honor to Jasper's time with you. :)
Can't wait to see what you make with it. <3 Sue

Sheryl at WovenDreamsFarm said...

Thanks Sue. He was a real beauty. The red brown fiber is just gorgeous. I'm meeting with my frind who's farm he came from in a couple weeks. She now lives in KY so I'm so happy to be able to show her this.

Have a great weekend!