Friday, August 28, 2009

So in the process of packing up and moving my fiber stash and equipment over, I kept hearing this little scratch-scratch going on. We have six kitties so I figured it was one of them. Willie was hiding in the big picnic basket full of exotic fibers that need spinning. He's so funny. Must be part Siamese because he 'talks' all the time when he's playing or wants something. I met the most interesting lady at the craft fair a couple weeks ago. She visited the new studio the other day and has gifted a friend and me with some beautiful wool yarn from sheep she used to raise. All spun and on cones. I want to wind a warp, then do some dyeing (fiber painting) before I put it on the loom. Not sure yet what to make, maybe a large shawl. Its way too delicate for a rug. Good news, yesterday we went to the Fair and I won a blue ribbon for my bamboo scarf. That thing was the hardest pattern I've ever tried. Worth it however, it turned out so beautiful. We had fun and ate a lot. Couldn't believe I was hungry again last night. Today I will try to get a project finished in the studio. There are so many going on, I don't know which one to do first. I've just about got all the black alpaca from Oso spun up, and had this idea I'd like to see a little brown / black / white tweed yarn to use with it. So I lightly carded some together and am spinning it now. I think when its plied, it will be pretty in the black alpaca scarf I'm going to weave. I've got Mawata silk hankies to dye, more pygora, alpaca, bamboo and wool sitting there calling me to dye ... so much fun!

No comments: