Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring has arrived in north Idaho full force this week.  I actually mowed our yard yesterday.  Seems a little earlier than usual but with the warmer weather and nice sunny day I thought it would be a good idea.  So glad I did since we had rain last night and looks like next week for several days also.  We are taking our mower into the shop tomorrow for a spring tuneup.  I usually wait for the weather to turn really nice and warm, then have to leave it in the shop for a week or two because everyone else wants to have theirs done too.  Ha!  I've outsmarted the crowds this year.

Not sure if its the warmer sunnier weather but I certainly have felt a lot more like working this week.  I've got my indigo seeds going strong with a plant light and yesterday afternoon I actually got my loom in the studio working.  You know which one with the beautiful autumn colored warp on it from last fall.  Some days its just to hard to walk all that way across the driveway.  Must be at least 50 feet from my back door to the shop door ... but its working now and I love it.




I also got the plying done on the two merino silk I've been spinning.  The one on the left is called Autumn, the one on the right is Sandstone.



I think I like this.  The bottom pix are the same yarn plyed, left one without the flash and the other with.  Check out how shiny the silk is in that bright light.





Ahhhh spring ... can summer be far behind you?

No comments: