Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It's hard to realize I haven't written since the middle of October!  Things get so busy around here sometimes that time just slips away.  I guess that's just the way it is everywhere though, isn't it?  This is a picture I had wanted to post this fall but hadn't yet.  My niece on Hidalgo, who belongs to a good friend.  They get along very well and she is hopeful she will get to care for Hidalgo this summer.  She worked for some neighbors last summer and in turn got some great riding lessons.
Ok, on to Thanksgiving!  We decided to make our own homemade cinnamon rolls instead of buying them (we are saving that for Christmas!).  Here is a picture of the  defrosted frozen bread dough, rolled into little golf balls and placed in a bundt pan with melted butter, pecans, a cinnamon-sugar mixture, all sprinkled over the top and drizzled with melted butter.  It usually turns out really yummy except this time I couldn't find my old bundt pan so decided an angel food cake pan would have to do.  NOT.  Before it was completely done the butter / cinnamon mixture started leaking out the bottom in the oven, which started to smoke ... a LOT.  We had to take it out before it was completely done but the ones around the outside were delicious.  Guess I better buy another bundt pan.


So now it is two weeks from Christmas.  Sorry its been so long, I have so many other pictures I wanted to share but guess I will stick with just these.   Our local Community Center had a chili feed - meet Santa last Sunday so we went with the hopes of getting one of our doggies included.  They did say yes, but we won't do it again next year.  I don't think it was such a good idea since no dogs are allowed usually, but they were kind and allowed us this once.  I was standing around the corner and snapped this cute pic.


I finally was in the right place at the right time on this one.  Usually every time my niece's little dog snuggles up to our Great Pyrenees Bella, she starts growling and threatening to tear her apart.  I doubt she ever would do that but we always stop it before it happens.  This time I just happened to be standing there with my camera ready.  Guess Bella didn't know and would not have wanted us to know she really does like Jet.  

Not sure if I will be able to add much more to the blog before Christmas so if I don't, praying everyone will have a blessed and joyous one.  

No comments: