Sunday, May 16, 2010



I've been dyeing silk scarves and yesterday finished a big project.  On one of the scarves there must have been something that prevented the dye from working properly so it ended up with light colored spots.  I have covered them up with a painted design of a fish with bubbles, it turned out pretty well.  Not sure if anyone else will like this, but what can you do?  I had a friend and her family over last weekend to learn spinning and it was so much fun.  They did a good job and took spindles and some hand painted wool home to practice on.  I love teaching others to do the thing that I love so much.  Another friend is coming to spend some time here on the farm and wants to learn to weave.  Woohoo!  Have I got some beautiful warps we can dress the Herald loom with while she's here.  We have been friends since high school and I can't wait to see her again.  Finally getting a handle on all the spring yard work.  I had to hire someone to help weed and she's doing a great job!  Everything is starting to look much better. 

No comments: