Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy New Year 2008


I have just started spinning my first crop of cashmere, pygora and alpaca harvested in 2007. I am spinning the cashmere unblended. It is so beautiful and soft. No wonder its so expensive! Working with the pygora is a learning experience for me as it flies around the room. I think I need to spritz it with a little water next time. I have blended it on my carder with some BFL in the hopes that it will hold together a little better. I haven't had the time to try the alpaca yet. All my fiber babies are around a year old, so their fiber is very soft. I never had the micron count done but I'm sure it would be very low. Here is a picture of Oso Negro (Black Bear), Diego right after he was sheared, and the two little pygoras Lover Boy and Toby.

1 comment:

Margaret at Heritage Yarns said...

Sheryl, I'm so happy you started a new blog and sharing pictures of your beautiful animals. Somehow, I don't think I can consider any on our small lot in the city. lol.